We had an amusing little discussion/debate in my songwriting class today. I brought in 2 recordings of Paul Simon’s song “Something So Right”—the original (from There Goes Rhymin’ Simon) and Annie Lennox’s (from Medusa). Lennox’s rearrangement is fairly radical—she exchanges the roles of the bridge and chorus in the original. I like to spend some […]
I live in North Carolina (USA) and work in the music department and the Office of the Vice Provost for the Arts at Duke University.Follow @reharmonizer
- What to expect when you’re expecting… black people!
- Let’s end the envy and pledge allegiance to the one percent
- IQ and you-know-who: the great white hero faces reality
- Fighting like a Republican and losing like John Aravosis
- High-IQ stupidity
- Huckabee hijacks the Holocaust — a postscript
- Huckabee hijacks the Holocaust and Foxman’s outfoxed by his friends
- Small business is better off with Bitter Smith on the BBC
- How did Abe Foxman get all Foxed in with Roger and Glenn?
- Cryptic campus radicals and conservatives crying wolf