This morning on NPR I heard Scott Simon and Marin Alsop talking about Mahler’s Fifth (you can listen too). Simon began by noting that Mahler was disappointed with the reception it got, and is supposed to have said that he wished he could have waited 50 years and then conducted the premier, when the piece […]
I live in North Carolina (USA) and work in the music department and the Office of the Vice Provost for the Arts at Duke University.Follow @reharmonizer
- What to expect when you’re expecting… black people!
- Let’s end the envy and pledge allegiance to the one percent
- IQ and you-know-who: the great white hero faces reality
- Fighting like a Republican and losing like John Aravosis
- High-IQ stupidity
- Huckabee hijacks the Holocaust — a postscript
- Huckabee hijacks the Holocaust and Foxman’s outfoxed by his friends
- Small business is better off with Bitter Smith on the BBC
- How did Abe Foxman get all Foxed in with Roger and Glenn?
- Cryptic campus radicals and conservatives crying wolf