There’s another rhetorical crutch at work in the conservative critiques of academia that I’ve been going over—the golden age. KC Johnson’s commentary (see the last post—this one is a close offshoot of that one) refers to “the alarming decline in intellectual pluralism,” and—here’s a coincidence—the site that ran it, Minding the Campus is “a project […]
I live in North Carolina (USA) and work in the music department and the Office of the Vice Provost for the Arts at Duke University.Follow @reharmonizer
- What to expect when you’re expecting… black people!
- Let’s end the envy and pledge allegiance to the one percent
- IQ and you-know-who: the great white hero faces reality
- Fighting like a Republican and losing like John Aravosis
- High-IQ stupidity
- Huckabee hijacks the Holocaust — a postscript
- Huckabee hijacks the Holocaust and Foxman’s outfoxed by his friends
- Small business is better off with Bitter Smith on the BBC
- How did Abe Foxman get all Foxed in with Roger and Glenn?
- Cryptic campus radicals and conservatives crying wolf